Safeguard issue 187
May/June 2021 edition
As well as the stories below, this edition also features items on:
- Details of all finalists and winners in the 2021 NZ Workplace Health & Safety Awards.
- Edited highlights package from the Safeguard conference.
- What reduced exposure limits for Chromium VI mean.
- Michelle Cooper does In the Spotlight.
- Helen Kelly - Her Life: an extract from Rebecca Macfie's new book.
- Grant Pritchard, advocate for mentally healthy workplaces.
- Lifetime Achievement award winner Paul Jarvie.
Stories from the current issue
Moira Loach, a member of Te Rōpu Marutau o Aotearoa, outlines a research project designed to help reduce injuries and fatalities among Māori workers.
A courier driver tells Jackie Brown-Haysom why he has a love-hate relationship with his job.
Trapped in the risk matrix of probabilities? Steve Young suggests focusing on hazards that can cause death or serious injury, because that ‘chance in a million’ will happen one day.