Safeguard issue 185
Jan/Feb 2021 edition
As well as the stories below, this edition also features items on:
- World view: experts from four countries on what's happening and what we could learn.
- Gareth Beck, winner of the Emerging Practitioner award, is profiled.
- Kevin Jury's winning design for filling construction voids.
- Site Safe and CHASNZ: what the two construction bodies offer.
- Psychologist Adele Saunders on how she brings a different approach to H&S.
- In the Spotlight: Robyn Bennett, president of NZISM.
- True Confessions: Wayne Butson on why there is never a good time for a train driver to miss a signal.
Stories from the current issue
Identifying and removing safety clutter improves communication, climate, work effectiveness and - yes - safety. David Provan offers a beginner's guide to getting started.
Winner of the worker wellbeing category at the 2020 NZ Workplace Health & Safety Awards was a comprehensive initiative that promotes best practise in hearing protection and support for workers with hearing impairments. Jackie Brown-Haysom reports.
Dr Hillary Bennett says it is time to stop treating psychosocial risks – such as bullying, excessive workload, unsupportive managers – as if they were a single risk.